Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 5 - Thor-ny Situation

Game 1 - KingKong (T) on Shakuras Plateau

Those of you loyal viewers may remember that I said something about terrans never being able to deal with muta play. The astute among you can see where I'm going with this.

I messed up my overlord timing and supply blocked on 10 due to a small issue remembering what I was doing, which put me slightly behind schedule to begin with. This also had the effect of throwing me off, causing my queen to come out waaaay way way late. That's ok though, I was right on top of everything else to the point where I was further ahead than I usually am by the time I started with my mutas.

That's where things sort of fell apart.

He went thors.

-12 points!

Game 2 - Ninjistics (P) on Shakuras Plateau

See last blog post on 7 pooling. This guy was even better mannered than the last one I did this against; I think I'm going to try to start actually playing against toss again because:

A) 7 pooling everyone isn't teaching me anything, and

B) It's kind of douchey.

As an aside, I'm tempted to veto Shakuras just so that I don't have to play it every single fucking match.

+17 points!

Game 3 - iTzBuBuS (P) on Slag Pits

Speaking of maps that need to be vetoed, having played on this more and actually taken a real good look at Slag Pits, it needs to be vetoed from existance in the map pool to begin with.

But yeah, same as before. Last time, I swear!

Except in 2v2s.

+12 points!

Summary:

I'm continuing to do reasonably well towards my goal of making silver league by the end of the month. I've also decided on another short-term goal - getting enough wins under my belt to get the baneling portrait, because banelings kick ass. I need 28 more as of right now. Ended this day in 30th, with 100 points. More importantly, vs Protoss is now statistically my best match-up, and my overall record since the start of this experiment has reached 7-5, which I'm rather proud of.

Stats so far:

vs Protoss - 4-1
vs Terran - 3-2
vs Zerg - 0-2

Shakuras Plateau - 2-3
Shattered Temple - 2-1
Slag Pits - 1-0
Typhon Peaks - 1-1
Xel'naga Caverns - 1-0

Anyone reading along at home that's interested - I'll be 2v2ing with PEG for the next couple of hours probably, so hop on if you want to join us.

1 comment:

  1. I should probably start counting my wins and losses in each matchup. That seems to be a noteworthy statistic.

    ReplyDelete